Thursday, October 18, 2018

Mumbai Art Fair 2018

So I participated in my first exhibition ever !!!  

My debut into the artworld at The Mumbai Art Fair of 2018 !!!   

A big event by all means in India's Art calendar.  This year there were over 250 artists from all over the country and neighbouring Nepal and they showed over 1500 artworks.   The art festival  ran from 12th to 14th October - 2018 at the Nehru Centre in Worli, Mumbai.     




My e-invite
Preparations took time and effort and I had planned not to leave anything until the end.  The preparation time was hectic and the anticipation feverish but it was totally worth it.   I had  been allotted 2 panels in booth 106 to put up my collage art.  

Mumbai Art Fair team took care of all the organizing in a brilliant way.   They had sent me the e-invite earlier on. 
The local paper I sent the invitation to did a small feature in their Weekly.  

(Planet Powai, Edition of  13-14 Oct, 2018).   
(2nd from right, in ''The Afternoon Despatch & Courier'' 13th Oct, 2018)


Morning of 12th Oct, 
before the opening

My best friend helped me put up the artworks. (The large ones are pretty heavy after framing).    

This photo shows the view of my panels before the opening of the art fair.   

Over 26000 people visited as per the registration desk.   

Paper collage is not exactly common in India, artists usually use acrylics or oil paints. Art lovers who visited the exhibition were intrigued at the idea of using paper instead of paint to create artworks.

It was a pleasure interacting with other upcoming, mid-career artists and also renowned and established artists. Some good friendships made and I  had fun networking.  It was a truly enjoyable experience for me at my first art show.  


       My heartfelt thanks to friends who were instrumental in encouraging me and      enabled me to do this.    

No comments: